Thursday, June 12, 2008

It's All Bigger In

If you read the previous post, you know I was here last weekend.

Waco to be exact. I know, anyone between the ages of 20 and 90 probably only knows Waco as the home of the Branch Davidions, but my buddy that lives there promised me it had more to offer than that and I must agree that it did.

Baylor University is there.

Here's the three amigos. Normally there's four. Here's the fourth (with J.E.), he had some lame excuse to not travel, some medical conference or something so that he can save your life.
The guy on the right in orange is J.H., he lives near Minneapolis but after some serious soul searching when he became a traitor I decided to remain his friend. The other guy on the far left is the buddy we went to visit. He's J.E. but you might know him by this...
It was really nice there. People were extraordinarily friendly. My friend works in the media so I suspect that many of his associates are naturally outgoing anyway but everyone was really nice. There's a big lake right on the outskirts of Waco. Next time I go I want to rent a pontoon there or take a boat ride.
This was taken between Waco and Dallas.

On Saturday we spent the entire day by the pool at a country club. It's really too bad I didn't get any pictures there, the ah, scenery was quite good. It was really hot, somehow I actually remembered to be careful of the sun and avoid a sun burn. I'm like the red incredible hulk when I get sunburned. You wouldn't like me when I'm sunburned. Here's Scot Hulk.

That's a couple of years ago in Mexico. I was too skinny then. We did south beach diet for a couple of months, closest we ever came to a divorce.

At any rate, Friday night we went out to a bar. When I was 20 years old, another friend of mine and I traveled to NYC. We got lost on the subway and accidentally ended up in Harlem (this was before Harlem was rejuvinated). When caught in that subway stop we kept our heads down and didn't accidentally look at anyone. My experience in that Texas bar was only slightly different. Jeans, button up western shirt and cowboy hat was the accepted dress code. We left there and went to a George's another place. My choice of clothing fit in better there.

Coming next, Saturday night....
Cougar Fest '08

No comments: