Sunday, August 19, 2007

NIcaragua Part 2

Sorry about my lengthly diatribe in the first post. I actually wrote 5 pages in a journal about that hike the day after we comleted it. I wanted to remember every painful second. If you want the whole thing give me a shout.
In this post I'll try and stick to the original plan. Pictures with brief explanations.















The view from our cabana at Villa Paraiso, on Isla de Ometepe.



There were cows being led on the beach one morning.



We took horses through a banana plantation to an awesome swimming hole the day after the hike. The water was warm, clean and clear. We ended up first meeting Sara and Melissa here, two women from Chicago that would become great friends.


























I really didn't enjoy my first 2-3 days in Nicaragua. In fact I was wondering whether I would rather have been elsewhere. But somewhere between the swimming hole and this scene on the beach on our way back to the hotel, Nicaragua got under my skin and my love affair began.







This picture was taken from the ferry as looking back at Concepcion Volanoe as we were leaving Ometepe to return to Granada.

No comments: